[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3827)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4694: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3827)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3827)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3827)
zSILENCER Forum • View topic - Nostalgia.

Nostalgia.

The main forum for zSILENCER, everything can be here.

Nostalgia.

Postby Zook » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:38 am

It's been so long since I played. Last time I heard about the game was with 1.9

Don't want to see it go down the same path though. What's the word with zSilencer? What are the plans for the future of this game?
Zook

Re: Nostalgia.

Postby admin » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:56 pm

Good to see another fan :)

This version is sticking around, and you can find players on it occasionally. The source code of the game is also available, which means you or anyone else, can play around and improve things. This clone was coded up pretty quickly but most all of the features are there. I haven't worked on it since version 00019, but I believe the only remaining things would be the Black Rose tech, laz tract, and some miscellaneous small things.

As for the future plans, I have been trying to get more players into the game, but I find that a lot of new players do not understand how to play properly even with the tutorial. It is a very niche game and the svga style graphics are not as appealing to the current generation of gamers. I am not sure about the future of the development of the game either, even though mostly everything is functional there are a lot of refinements that can be made, I haven't really had the desire to work on it lately.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Zook » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:27 am

Glad to hear back from you so soon. I have to ask, which came first... zSilencer or ?
Zook

Postby admin » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:20 pm

There were all sorts of clone projects and they were gone about in the wrong way and taking forever so I decided to make a proper clone. I knew about this one when it was called O2, I couldn't get it to run at the time though it would just error out when I opened it, but I saw a youtube video of it. Looked like any of the other clone projects that had a character you could move around and whatnot. I made something like that back in 2005 or so just for fun, and a couple people from the old arsia-mons forum were part of it, but I didn't actually start this project until I believe May of this year from scratch. Looking at the "Cypher" site it looks like it has been worked on since 2009 but wasn't actually updated or had any website until after zsilencer.com. Strangely, this Cypher game is being advertised as an independent indie game with no mention of the fact that it is made up of artwork/sounds/music/levels/concept of Silencer.
admin
Site Admin

Postby natureboy1 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:28 pm

OMG! This game is back! Out of curiosity did a google search for silencer game and this comes up in the first result.

This is seriously awesome work you did with this :shock:

I remember the old board, and all the attempts people were making at bringing the game back :lol: there eventually was a hacked lobby but the game still had so many bugs and players cheating. I looked at cypher too and recognized the people on their development team, they were working on that for 5 years? I wonder if they even know about this?

I have to get some others so they can check it out.
natureboy1

Postby pewep » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:47 am

Wassup silencer boys i heard the game was back soooo the source code was finally released nice

this is me mirin ZSILENCER admin for this
pewep

Return to Main Forum